We Have Absolutely No Doubt. To Be The Best Retailer, We Must Also Be The Best Employer.
Each person in the Express Lane team of professionals knows he or she counts – really counts – is genuinely respected, and will be given every opportunity to succeed and advance.
Currently, Express Lane is home to more than 350 corporate and operations employees who recognize, as we do, that a combination of effective teamwork, great friendships, and selfless service will enhance our company in the convenience industry.
If you become part of our team, we want your work to be more than a job. We want it to be an investment in your future and ours.
Express Lane is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a drug free environment.
The person who greets and helps customers in a local Express Lane is the most important person in the Express Lane corporation. Bar none. You are the face of our company. You are Express Lane to our customers. That’s why we have never – and will never – consider a Sales Associate nothing more than a clerk. We rely on you to provide outstanding service; maintain a clean, customer-friendly environment; stock and merchandise products; and, naturally, operate the register. Whether your goal is to begin a fantastic full-time career or have a great part-time job, your talents will be valued and respected.
There is plenty of opportunity to grow in this position.
What Will You Do?
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
- Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store
- Ring customer sales on an electronic cash register
- Receive cash from customers and give correct change
- Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments
- Forecast, order and stock merchandise
The Sales Associate position requires the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers
- Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
- The Sales Associate position requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
Assistant Store Manager
This position calls for people who are adept at both assisting and leading. In the role of assistant, you’ll support the Store Manager in all aspects of the store’s operation.
What Will You Do?
- Forecast, order, stock and merchandise product
- Ensure prompt reconciliation of store paperwork
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
- Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment
- Assist with management of store staff
- The Assistant Store Manager position requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
A Store Manager is responsible for the profitable and efficient operation of the store. He or she will direct all store activities for maximum sales results and superior customer service in pristine clean stores, under the guidelines of company policies, mission, and all applicable laws. Prior retail management experience is preferred.